Call for content
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to Tuesday, April 25 at 5 p.m. ET.
Submit a paper or poster abstract that demonstrates how you’ve used JMP® to solve real problems. If your abstract is selected, you will be invited to present at Discovery Summit Americas 2023, which will take place in-person October 16-19 and virtually October 31 - November 2.
We are committed to ensuring that the online Discovery Summit experience will be just as stimulating and enriching as past summits whether online or in-person. What does that mean for paper and poster presenters? It means you're sure to have an engaged audience, some may be attending virtually or in-person. We’re not sure yet but it also means you can present from anywhere on the planet. No airline tickets or passports needed – just great stories and best practices.
Each year our paper and poster presenters are a source of inspiration at Discovery Summit – posing and challenging analytic theories, benchmarking best practices and conceiving innovative concepts.
- Share the Discovery Summit Americas 2023 agenda with progressive analytic minds, including our keynote speakers, who are thought leaders in statistics, technology and innovation.
- Shape the conference conversation about how to apply analytics in forward-looking companies around the globe.
- Gather feedback from other attendees so you can refine your own analyses.
- Demonstrate to your colleagues and managers how analytics benefits your organization.
Who should submit?
Researchers and practitioners from all fields – students, too! Whether your concept is for analytics beginners or more advanced practitioners, we welcome your entry.
Who chooses the papers and posters?
- The Discovery Summit Americas 2023 Steering Committee. If you are selected to present, you will receive notification in mid-May. Presenters will receive a special invitation to register, so please refrain from registering for the conference via the website until you have heard from us.
What is the steering committee looking for?
Paper presentations that:
- Show how to use JMP interactively.
- Instigate conversations and open dialogue about how analytics can be spread across organizations, not stuck in isolated pockets.
- Describe real-world problems solved by the strategic implementation of analytic methods and statistical techniques.
- Showcase an interesting application you’ve built with JMP Scripting Language.
- Describe an “aha!” moment of discovery and how you got there.
- Advance and shape the application of statistical methods in a multidisciplinary setting.
Not a paper person? Consider presenting a poster.
If your application or research is better suited for a smaller, niche audience, we encourage you to submit a poster abstract. Posters can depict a class assignment, a research project or a business application. Academic, corporate and individual users of JMP may submit entries. Posters will be judged based on their originality, innovative application and/or the use of visualization to express the data. Posters will be delivered during the online segment in a lightning talk format.
We are seeking posters that:
- Exhibit substantial evidence of the nature of a designated problem.
- Present the method(s) used to reach a viable solution.
- Provide a solid explanation of that solution.
Contact us at Discovery-US-Content@jmp.com
Paper and poster timeline
- Tuesday, April 25, at 5 p.m. ET: Call for content ends.
- Mid-May: Selections announced.
- Tuesday, August 1: Final versions of papers, posters and presentation materials are due and presentation recordings start.
- Thursday, August 31: Recordings of paper and poster presentations are completed.
- Monday, October 2: Presentation recordings are made public in the JMP User Community.
- October 16-19 (in-person) and Oct 31-Nov 2 (virtually): Papers and posters are presented.
- Title: 25 words or fewer.
- Abstracts: 150-200 words.
- Author biographies: 50 words or fewer per author.