Call for content is open
Submit a paper or e-poster abstract that demonstrates how you’ve used JMP® to solve real problems. If your abstract is selected, you will be invited to present at Discovery Summit China 2023, which will take place on May 15 - May 18, 2023 in Shanghai and May 30 - June 1 2023 online.
Entries are due by March 31, 2023.
Each year our paper and poster presenters are a source of inspiration at Discovery Summit – posing and challenging analytic theories, benchmarking best practices and conceiving innovative concepts.
- Share the Discovery Summit China 2023 agenda with progressive analytic minds, including our keynote speakers, who are thought leaders in statistics, technology and innovation.
- Shape the conference conversation about how to apply analytics in forward-looking companies around the globe.
- Gather feedback from other attendees so you can refine your own analyses.
Who should submit?
Researchers and practitioners from all fields – students, too! Whether your concept is for analytics beginners or more advanced practitioners, we welcome your entry.
Who chooses the papers and posters?
The Discovery Summit China 2023 Steering Committee. If you are selected to present, you will receive notification in April. Presenters will receive a special invitation to register, so please refrain from registering for the conference via the website until you have heard from us.
What is the steering committee looking for?
Paper presentations that:
- Show how to use JMP interactively.
- Instigate conversations and open dialogue about how analytics can be spread across organizations, not stuck in isolated pockets.
- Describe real-world problems solved by the strategic implementation of analytic methods and statistical techniques.
- Showcase an interesting application you’ve built with JMP Scripting Language.
- Describe an “aha!” moment of discovery and how you got there.
- Advance and shape the application of statistical methods in a multidisciplinary setting.
Presentations will be 45 minutes.
Not a paper person? Consider presenting a poster.
If your application or research is better suited for a smaller, niche audience, we encourage you to submit a poster abstract. Posters can depict a class assignment, a research project or a business application. Academic, corporate and individual users of JMP may submit entries. Posters will be judged based on their originality, innovative application and/or the use of visualization to express the data.
We are seeking posters that:
- Exhibit substantial evidence of the nature of a designated problem.
- Present the method(s) used to reach a viable solution.
- Provide a solid explanation of that solution.
Contact us at DiscoveryChina@jmp.com
Paper and poster timeline
- March 31, 2023: Call for content ends.
- April 14, 2023: Selections announced.
- April 28, 2023: Final versions of papers, presentation materials and posters due.
- May 2023: Paper presentations and poster displays occur.
- Title: 100 words or fewer.
- Abstracts: 500 words.
- Author biographies: 75 words or fewer per author.