Save the Date!
Call for content is open
Submit a paper or poster abstract that demonstrates how you’ve used JMP® to solve real problems. If your abstract is selected, your presentation or poster will avairable online at Discovery Summit Japan 2020.
Entries are due by Saturday, Aug. 15, at 5 p.m. JST.
Before submitting your abstract;
- Discovery Summit Japan 2020 will be an online event, so the deliverables will be electronic files such as movies or PowerPoint slides. Details will be provided to the applicants in late August.
- To submit your abstract, you will be asked to login with your SAS Profile. If you don't have it yet, you will be able to create new one.
- If you have difficulties to login or fill the form, feel free to contact us.
Each year our paper and poster presenters are a source of inspiration at Discovery Summit – posing and challenging analytic theories, benchmarking best practices and conceiving innovative concepts.
- Share the Discovery Summit Japan 2020 agenda with progressive analytic minds, including our keynote speakers, who are thought leaders in statistics, technology and innovation.
- Shape the conference conversation about how to apply analytics in forward-looking companies around the globe.
- Demonstrate to your colleagues and managers how analytics benefits your organization.
Who should submit?
Researchers and practitioners from all fields – students, too! Whether your concept is for analytics beginners or more advanced practitioners, we welcome your entry.
Who chooses the papers and e-posters?
The Discovery Summit Japan 2020 Steering Committee. If you are selected to present, you will receive notification in late-June. Presenters will receive a special invitation to register, so please refrain from registering for the conference via the website until you have heard from us.
What is the steering committee looking for?
Paper presentations that:
- Show how to use JMP interactively.
- Instigate conversations and open dialogue about how analytics can be spread across organizations, not stuck in isolated pockets.
- Describe real-world problems solved by the strategic implementation of analytic methods and statistical techniques.
- Showcase an interesting application you’ve built with JMP Scripting Language.
- Describe an “aha!” moment of discovery and how you got there.
- Advance and shape the application of statistical methods in a multidisciplinary setting.
You may opt to present for 25 or 50 minutes.
Not a paper person? Consider presenting a poster.
If your application or research is better suited for a smaller, niche audience, we encourage you to submit a poster abstract. Posters can depict a class assignment, a research project or a business application. Academic, corporate and individual users of JMP may submit entries. Posters will be judged based on their originality, innovative application and/or the use of visualization to express the data.
We are seeking posters that:
- Exhibit substantial evidence of the nature of a designated problem.
- Present the method(s) used to reach a viable solution.
- Provide a solid explanation of that solution.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper and poster timeline
- Saturday, Aug. 15., at 5 p.m. JST: Call for content ends.
- Late-Aug.: Selections announced.
- Title: 100 characters or fewer.
- Abstracts: 500 characters or fewer.
- Author biographies: 500 characters or fewer.